5 Things That Inspire Me w/ HueGo
Following the release of his track, 'The Lament', we caught up with HueGo and asked him the 5 things that inspired him. Here's what he had to say below:
1. Old movies and music from the 60s,70s, 80s and 90s really inspire me because I see and hear a lot of myself in them. People always say I am an old soul, sometimes I feel very removed from everything that’s happening now. The things I think are cool, funny or enticing just are not always of this time and knowing there is an art that came before I was even here that encapsulates how I feel makes me feel legit and not so alone out here. It’s almost like damn, there were some interesting folks back then too, so let me just keep doing me.
2. My creative team MIND BODY FUNK inspires me. They are all constantly evolving and elevating in their craft. It pushes me to keep taking risks and putting myself out there. Every win for me is a win for them and I know they feel the same way. We inspire each other.
3. Just being alive inspires me. Looking back at my experiences there were so many fire moments that I cherish to this day but at the same time so many moments that really tested my character and my spirit that I’m grateful to have been able to grow from. It inspires me to continue to look forward, there is so much more life to live out here.
4. It’s very inspiring to know my music is helping people through whatever issues they are going through. It’s cool to know that people are feeling the intention I put in my music. I just tell my story, talk about what I like, how the homies and I kick it and give my perspective on things. Knowing that people feel that inspires me to continue doing what I’m doing.
5. Not to sound cliché or anything but my parents inspire me a whole lot. They are the hardest working and most devoted people I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing and I’m blessed to be able to say that about my parents. They built their lives together from the ground up. They gave me the whole blueprint and I’m running with it.
Make sure to watch HueGo's latest music video, 'The Lament'.
Here's the link: